We are really excited to share that East Fremantle Veterinary Clinic is now an accredited Cat Friendly Clinic with the International Society of Feline Medicine (ISFM).
To achieve accreditation, our practice has undergone a lengthy application process to assess our facilities to ensure that they meet the requirements of the International Society of Feline Medicine. There are three standards of accreditation; gold, silver and bronze. We are proud to advise that our practice has been awarded the GOLD standard! We are one of only four practices in Perth to have met this standard so far!
We wanted to achieve this accreditation as we recognise that our feline patients have needs that are different to dogs and can find a visit to the vet very stressful. By implementing the standards of ISFM we are able to improve this experience for our feline friends and their owners.
What Does This Mean For Your Cat?
- Some of the changes that have been implemented as a result of our accreditation are:
- A cat parking area in the waiting room allowing you cat carrier to be placed up off the floor.
- A cat only consulting room free from doggy smells and at the front of the clinic with a wonderfully large window for natural light and outdoor distractions for our sensitive feline patients.
- Targeted staff training on the International Society of Feline Medicine recommended techniques for handling cats, setting up cat friendly hospital cages and educating owners.
- Top of the line equipment, ensuring your cat is receiving the most up to date and accurate monitoring and care while staying with us.
- Handouts for clients on a large range of cat related information.
Find out more information about what the accreditation means at the IFSM website.